Our close-knit community brings together some of the world's most brilliant and creative minds to work toward a healthy, sustainable, and inspiring future for all. Join us in illuminating ambitious new paths to discovery. A better tomorrow starts today.
- Linus Pauling Professor of Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering and Biochemistry; Director, Donna and Benjamin M. Rosen Bioengineering Center; Nobel Laureate
"It takes resources to do hard science. It’s risky. A lot of places, a lot of conservative government funders wouldn’t fund these early-stage, seemingly crazy ideas. So, we really rely on philanthropic support."
- Caltech Alum
Alya Al-Kibbi (BS '22)
"From the moment I set foot at Caltech, I knew it was the best place I could ever hope to be. It gave me a community that taught me to see the world in different ways and showed me I’m capable of great things. I am so thankful to the people who support this incredible institute. You are changing people’s lives."
- Sonja and William Davidow Presidential Chair and Professor of Physics
President Thomas F. Rosenbaum
“Philanthropy is essential to realize the breakthroughs we’re seeing. Philanthropy allows you to take risks. It allows you to push the limits of your imagination.”
- Caltech Trustee; Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Heritage Provider Network
"Watching the Institute’s stewardship of resources as a trustee makes me very comfortable investing as a benefactor. Supporting Caltech and its faculty and students is a much broader investment in a better future—not just for the local community, not just for the United States, but, really, for the world."
- Caltech Trustee; Founder, Chairman, and CEO, Masimo Foundation
"Caltech has propelled the human race forward throughout its rich history. We have to make sure its work continues."
- Bren Professor of Biology and Chemistry; Merkin Institute Professor
Steve Mayo (PhD '87)
"It’s hard to think of any major advance that’s happened at Caltech that hasn’t been impacted by philanthropy."